UNS ASTM Duplex 2304 Stainless Steel Round Bar Bright or Black
Duplex 2304 is a 23% chromium, 4% nickel, molybdenum-free duplex
stainless steel whose structure is a balance of ferritic and
austenitic. It has general corrosion resistance similar or better
than Alloys 304L and 316L but with yield strength nearly double
that of austenitic stainless steels. Its duplex microstructure and
low nickel and high chromium contents also allows Duplex 2304 to
demonstrate improved stress corrosion resistant properties compared
to 304 and 316. It is typically suitable for all applications in
the -58oF to 572oF (-50oC to 300oC) temperature range and is
designed to feature high mechanical strength, good weldability,
good corrosion resistance, high resistance to stress corrosion
cracking, good machinability, low thermal expansion, good fatigue
properties, high thermal conductivity, and easy fabrication.
Tensile Strength ksi (MPa)
Yield Strength 0.2% offset ksi (MPa)
Elongation (% in 50mm) min
Can be successfully welded by TIG manual and automatic, PLASMA,
MIG, SMAW, SAW, FCAW
Duplex microstructure renders the alloy less sensitive to hot
Pre-heating and post welding is not required
Filler metal should be a balanced ferrite/austenitic type
Exhibits improved machinability properties particularly when
Low speeds and high feeds will minimize this alloys tendency to
3. Our Service
1. Sample can be offered.
2. We have full stock,and can deliver pipes on time.
3. OEM and ODM order are welcome, Logo printing or design are
4. Good Quality + Factory Price + Quick Response + Reliable
5. We have High efficiency foreign trade team.
6. Experienced in manufacture and offer high quality steel pipes .
After you choose
1. We will count cheapest shipping cost and make invoice to you at
2. Check quality piece by piece, the pipes will be sent in 1-2
working day after the payment,
3. Email the tracking No. for you to track the parcels.
Duplex 2304 is generally used in the same applications in which
Alloys 304 and 316L are used. Some examples of these applications
Chloride containing environments
Welded pipe systems within the Pulp and Paper, Chemical and
Petrochemical, and Water Treatment industries
Heat exchanger tubes
Architecture, building, construction
Caustic solutions, organic acids